Saturday, 5 July 2014

The Antique Store I Call My Nana's House

Over the weekend I went to visit my parents and Nana, she let me go through her cabinet cupboards and pick out some trinkets to take home, lets explore shall we.

So first I spotted a Bessemer serving plate, although im collecting Bessemer in green I cant say no to the brand in general.

A cute little story for these glass sugar and milk bowls, my great great grandmother was given these as wedding gifts in 1910's, then gave them to my Nan along with the note (below) in 1960's.

Then in an ironic twist, I spotted these colourful rose serving plates, these were given to Nan as wedding gifts, she just had what would have been her 52nd anniversary a few weeks ago, so that was lovely and sentimental.

 When I fished these matching coffee pot/tea pot and a stray sugar bowl from the back they were extremely tarnished and Nan polished them up for me. Cute story behind the coffee and tea pot in particular. in 1956, My great grandmother saved all the money she got from picking peas to go into the jewelers and buy this matching set so she could show off and brag to guests who came to tea, even though they struggled to put food on the table. She thought she was very posh having these sitting on the table.

 Well, who can say no to a Royal Doulton cup/saucer/biscuit plate set (unsure of purchase date)

 A glass milk and sugar set given to my Nan and Pa on their 40th wedding anniversary (Ruby)

Also went through the stuff i have in storage and found some stuff i had tucked away from my late teens.
Doll on the left was made by my nan to look like me as a kid, and the middle doll was one my mum had as a little girl

1 comment:

  1. So cute cup :) M&MFASHIONBITES mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete